Click the Manage Giving Opportunities icon in the Giving Management toolbar. You'll see a menu where you can add new Collections, or edit and manage existing ones.
To Add a New Collection
- Click the Add New Collection button. You will be prompted to give the Giving Opportunity a name and choose a Bank Account to assign the Collection to.
- You can also Upload a Picture or select a default image from our Image Library. If you choose to upload a picture, be sure that it is in .jpg, .gif, or .png format with a file size of less than 5 MB (we recommend the picture be at least 250 x 250 pixels).
- Take time to write a Brief Description and Full Description that explains the Collection, and assign a specific URL to the Giving Opportunity URL (the default URL will be the name you give to the Collection).
- Choose whether to Allow Recurring Donations to the Collection, and if funds transacted to this collection should be called “Donations” or “Payments,” then select Next.
- You will then be prompted to add contact information for this particular Collection: a Contact Name, Email Address, and Phone number, as well as a “From” Email Address for Sent Emails and Friendly “From” Name for Sent Emails (this is the email address and name that will appear on replies you send to donor inquiries).
- You can then choose whether to Show Collection on the Home Page (e.g., if a Collection is still in its planning stage and you don’t have all the necessary information yet, you can still create the Collection, but choose not to have it show up on the Home page until it is ready to accept donations). Or, you opt to only show the Collection for a specific period of time. When you have filled in all the information, click Next.
- Finally, select the Allowed Payment Types for this Collection by checking the box next to each of the options you would like to make available, and enter a standard Donation Receipt Email Text. Click Finish to finalize.